A subjective claim is made with one’s personal opinion whether if it is true or false. An example of this is a conversation I had with a friend of mine. We haven’t seen each others for several months and the first thing he said was “Dude, you gotten fatter.” I responded by asking, “Are you blind? I went down from 170 lbs to 155 lbs. How you figure I gotten fatter when everyone else said I look better than before?” His opinion of I look fatter was because my haircut made my face look bigger.
An objective claim is something that can be found truth or false with facts. It is made with indifferent opinion. An example of an objective claim I just read in the news is the ad for Fry’s Electronics for Labor Day sale; “Labor Day Weekend Sale.” Surely, there is going to be discounts and sales from Fry’s Electronics, but only on selected items. You have to read all the fine prints even though they claim it’s to be a big sale event to know if you’re truly saving on the price you’re paying for.
Went to Fry's yesterday and got myself a Cooler Master laptop fan for $10 with $10 rebate. Even if the rebate isn't there, the laptop fan itself is a very nice quality laptop fan to keep your laptop fan at that price. However, even though the ad says it is their “Big Sale for Labor Day Sale,” a lot of the stuffs I find on the ads are more expensive than Staple, Costco, and some online stores like Newegg.com and Buy.com. I would recommend the fan for anyone in search of a good laptop fan. In fact, I will go again today to buy another one as a reserve or a gift for later.
ReplyDelete